val speech

Fellow students, family and friends, welcome. We never thought this day would come and now that it’s here I’m sorry it is because it means leaving friends who inspire us and teachers who’ve been our mentors, so many people who’ve shaped my life and my fellow students’ lives.

Now as we finish a chapter of our lives we can now head on to more learning, making even more friends and getting ready to plan our lives and careers

Tonight we are here to celebrate the years we have spent at Moonee Ponds Primary School. No matter if you started in prep or came at the start of this year everyone has made amazing memories that will be treasured for the rest of our lives.

Who could forget the long bus rides to camp and the concerts at the clock tower every second year. Just the simple memories are honestly the best memories.

All those dumb moments with my friends I will never regret because sooner or later you have to learn from your mistakes. For the seven years I have been at this school I have learnt that making mistakes is the best way to learn.

I still remember my first day at this school. I remember walking into the front gate of the building holding my mums hand on my right and dads hand on my left. My feelings were more excited than nervous. Now as I will have my first day of high school I will be having the same feelings as I did seven years ago.

When we started school I know for a fact that most of us weren’t as mature as we are to this day. Our school has helped us grow as mature young adults that one day may be able to change the world for the better.

In prep, I remember my buddy being double my size. I used to think she was so tall almost like a giant. My buddy was someone I wanted to be when I was in year six. I hope that I can be a role model to my buddy just like my buddy was to me.
Looking back at the amazing time I have had at this school has made me realise how much I have learnt. The thing I have learnt the most at this school is leadership. From the sepep program that the year five s run to house captains. There are so many opportunies for leadership at this school

Primary school has been a roller coaster without a doubt. There have been many fights with my best friend over the dumbest things ever. But at the end of the day I still call Tiana my best friend. We may be going to different high schools but nothing gets in the way of friendship.

I would like to thank my all my friends for making my school experience a lot amusing, enjoyable entertaining and for literally being the funniest people ever

I would like to thank all my teachers for expanding my knowledge everyday

And I would like to thank My physical education teacher, Italian and performing arts teachers for teaching me sport Italian art and drama

now

I would like to finish my speech with a quote from Taylor Alesia Compton

Work hard.be ambitious. Keep your priorities straight, your mind right and your head up. Do well, live well. Do what you love and love what you do. Start living.

Thank you for your time and attention