Project Reflection

Project Refection

In this project I had achieved a lot I wanted to know about chuckwallas. I achieved collaboration work with my teammate and also worked on understanding the animal. The features the chuckwalla has helps it to survive in its environment like its tough feet to be able to walk on rocks. My teammate and I were learning about the animals key adaptions and learnt its features it needs to survive like its tail to scare away predators. We had to do a project including all the key adaptions the animal needs to survive in the dessert. On my rubric I had highlighted a lot of areas that my partner and I had archived. The overall level that I archived was the information report part of the project. We had everything archived and were happy with the results. We could have improved on the presentation part of the project considering I was absent the day before and was unable to practice. Our presentation could have been better but overall it was good for the trouble that had happened.

In this unit I had learnt lots about the chuckwalla through the internet’s sources. When making this project, the more you search the more you learn. The most important thing I have learn about the chuckwalla is that the most important adaption is for the chuckwalla is to protect it from its prey.

Lets compare adaptions

• To inflate in a rock crevice so the predator can’t pull the animal out.
  • Tough feet so there is no pain when running on rocks

As you can see the most important adaption is making sure the animal does not get killed.

With what I learnt I am going to take the knowledge to high school. I learnt how to effectively share information across to my partner. I learnt that collaborating is always needed when working with a group no matter how old or tired.

Overall, my partner and I had ups and downs when completing our project but still managed to finish it in the end. We were collaborating and caring for each other when we didn’t understand a part or made a mistake.

My goal for next time would be, to try and encourage myself to step up and try and learn that little step more of information when doing a project.

Three interesting things I learn were

• The chuckwallas diets is herbivorous meaning they only eat fruits, flowers and rarely small insects
  • Chuckwallas are mainly found in the warmer areas of the United States including California, Nevada, Arizona, and Utah. They are also found in the Northern portion of Mexico.
  • All the loose folds on the Chuckwallas skin help the animal when running away from predators by crawling into rock crevices. The chuckwalla will expand and blow up like a balloon making it very difficult for the predator to grab the animal out.

Two understandings

• I now understand that the Chuckwallas habitat has to be at least 32 degree for the animals digestive system to be able to work
  • I now understand that the Chuckwallas key adaptations are life changing to the animal by helping the animal live. If the chuckwalla did not have the adaptation to be able to run on rocks, the animal would be in pain.

One wonder I still have.

• I still wonder about the Chuckwallas breeding cycle. There was hardly any information about that topic but I would really like to find out more.